Krav Maga ATX Safety Information
Last updated 1 June 2021
Starting June 1st, masks are now optional while participating in classes at Krav Maga ATX. Members may choose to continue wearing a mask during classes, but it is no longer required in the space.
Physical Distancing Requirements
While we no longer require physical distance between individuals/pairs during classes, please be aware of your surroundings and respectful of others’ personal space while they work.
Krav Maga Class Rules
- As of May 1st, partner requirements have been removed from Krav Maga classes. Feel free to sign up, then show up solo to train!
- If you would like to train with a specific partner, make sure both of you sign up for class ahead of time.
- If you currently have physical limitations due to an injury or condition, please reach out to the instructor prior to class to determine whether this will affect participation.
- Remember that masks are now optional for all classes.
- When classes are odd or we have trial guests, we hope you’ll invite them to train with you. However, we’ll continue to keep an assistant instructor on hand to even out numbers or partner with new folks.
- If you would like to be someone we call on to train with guests, please let your instructor know in advance so no one has to be put on the spot.
Our Cleaning Procedures
Pads and Equipment:
- At the end of every class, students will wipe down the equipment used with antibacterial wipes.
- Heavy Bags will be left in their position after being wiped. Focus mitts, kick shields and punch shields can be placed back in their designated location.
- Read the Zogics Antibacterial Gym Wipes data sheet (PDF).
- Our mats are regularly mopped with a Broad Spectrum Healthcare Facility Disinfectant that is effective in killing a range of diseases, including the Coronavirus, Staph and a number of others.
- Read the Zogics Broad Spectrum Healthcare Facility Disinfectant data sheet (PDF).
- A HEPA filter unit has been installed that will replace 100% of the air roughly every hour to ensure proper ventilation.
- Monthly disinfection services by GermLogic use electrostatic sprayers to emit hospital-grade disinfectant that provides a physical barrier and kills viruses, bacteria and fungus on all surfaces.
What to do if you feel ill or come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19:
Please refrain from coming to class if you are experiencing any active symptoms or, in the past two weeks, have had any close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
For a full list of symptoms, please visit cdc.gov.
If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have self-quarantined for symptoms, you may resume classes after you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- At least three days with no fever independent of medication
- Symptoms have improved
- AND it has been at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared.
Krav Maga ATX Emergency Action Plan
Last Updated: March 2021
- Establish scene safety and immediate care of the student by the Krav Maga ATX staff member
- Activate EMS by calling 911
- Retrieve emergency equipment: Large tool kit with first aid supplies and AED are located on the large shelving unit near the restroom. There is an additional first aid kit located in the fitness area right next to the medicine balls.
- Direct EMS to scene.
In the case of an emergency:
- When an injury occurs, Krav Maga ATX staff will be responsible for the immediate care of the student per their CPR/First Aid training.
- If the person evaluating the injury deems it an emergency, a designated individual is sent to activate EMS with a phone call.
- Staff should keep the area clear of students, move or stop class, and remain available to help transfer student to an ambulance if needed.
- First Aid is administered by a staff member.
- A designated person will be sent to retrieve necessary emergency equipment as well as the student’s emergency contact information.
- Under NO circumstances will an unqualified individual move an injured student.
- Emergency situations include, but are not limited to: impairment in level of consciousness, airway, breathing or circulation, or there is neurovascular compromise.
If an emergency occurs, call 911 and tell them: “We have an emergency situation at Krav Maga ATX. The emergency is __________ and we need an ambulance. We are located at 321 West Ben White Blvd, Suite 204-B. You can enter through the front door on the north side of the building.”
Stay on the line until instructed to hang up.
Once EMS has been activated:
- Stay on the phone until the other person tells you to hang up. Report back to the emergency scene to confirm that an ambulance is on the way.
- Give the exact location of the injured student. A designated person will stand in the parking lot to flag the ambulance down and lead them to the emergency scene.
- Notify the student’s emergency contact.