Your cart is currently empty!
Krav Maga ATX Safety Information
Last updated 1 June 2021
Starting June 1st, masks are now optional while participating in classes at Krav Maga ATX. Members may choose to continue wearing a mask during classes, but it is no longer required in the space.
Physical Distancing Requirements
While we no longer require physical distance between individuals/pairs during classes, please be aware of your surroundings and respectful of others’ personal space while they work.
Krav Maga Class Rules
- As of May 1st, partner requirements have been removed from Krav Maga classes. Feel free to sign up, then show up solo to train!
- If you would like to train with a specific partner, make sure both of you sign up for class ahead of time.
- If you currently have physical limitations due to an injury or condition, please reach out to the instructor prior to class to determine whether this will affect participation.
- Remember that masks are now optional for all classes.
- When classes are odd or we have trial guests, we hope you’ll invite them to train with you. However, we’ll continue to keep an assistant instructor on hand to even out numbers or partner with new folks.
- If you would like to be someone we call on to train with guests, please let your instructor know in advance so no one has to be put on the spot.
Our Cleaning Procedures
Pads and Equipment:
- At the end of every class, students will wipe down the equipment used with antibacterial wipes.
- Heavy Bags will be left in their position after being wiped. Focus mitts, kick shields and punch shields can be placed back in their designated location.
- Read the Zogics Antibacterial Gym Wipes data sheet (PDF).
- Our mats are regularly mopped with a Broad Spectrum Healthcare Facility Disinfectant that is effective in killing a range of diseases, including the Coronavirus, Staph and a number of others.
- Read the Zogics Broad Spectrum Healthcare Facility Disinfectant data sheet (PDF).
- A HEPA filter unit has been installed that will replace 100% of the air roughly every hour to ensure proper ventilation.
- Monthly disinfection services by GermLogic use electrostatic sprayers to emit hospital-grade disinfectant that provides a physical barrier and kills viruses, bacteria and fungus on all surfaces.
What to do if you feel ill or come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19:
Please refrain from coming to class if you are experiencing any active symptoms or, in the past two weeks, have had any close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
For a full list of symptoms, please visit cdc.gov.
If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have self-quarantined for symptoms, you may resume classes after you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- At least three days with no fever independent of medication
- Symptoms have improved
- AND it has been at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared.