What is Krav Maga?
Krav Maga is an Israeli self-defense system based on fast, easy-to-learn responses to common, real-world attacks. It draws on techniques from other martial arts and combat sports such as Muay Thai kickboxing, Jiu Jitsu, Karate, Wrestling, and Boxing and combines them with an emphasis on home defense, sexual assault prevention, and surprise attacks.
Not exclusively for athletes and fighters, Krav Maga is meant for everyone of every size, age, and experience level to walk with strength and confidence out in the world.
What to Expect
- An Introduction to Krav Maga
- A quick warm up
- Instruction on a few combatives (punches, kicks, knees, elbows)
- 1-2 self defense scenarios per 1-hour session
- A final practice drill
There’s no experience necessary, and all fitness levels are welcome.
Some Organizations We’ve Worked With
- DePelchin Children’s Center
- YMCA (Bastrop)
- The Women of Atomic Athlete
- CASA of Travis County
- Women of WeWork
- Girls New 2 Austin