- This event has passed.
Self Defense for Caregivers
What do you do when—in a moment of frustration, fear, anger, an acute traumatic experience, or pain—the person you’re taking care of lashes out?
At Krav Maga ATX, we recognize the “anything to get home safe” self defense mentality is not always an option for caretakers which is why we’ve developed a system just for you.
We pull from a number of martial arts and self defense methodologies, including Krav Maga, wrestling, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to bring you the best non-violent methods and skills to defend yourself.
These are fast, easy-to-learn responses to common, real-world aggressive behavior.
This class is beginner friendly. No previous martial arts experience required. All fitness levels welcome.Register for Self Defense for Caregivers now
Who is this for?
Self Defense for Caregivers is for people who find themselves in physically violent situations where they need to defend themselves against the people they are entrusted to protect or heal while in their care.
This can be people who have chosen to care for others as part of their job, career, vocation, hobby, or life’s work.
- Healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses, clinical nursing assistants, nursing aids, healthcare sitters, and anyone who works in a healthcare facility
- Mental health professionals
- Healthcare professionals in nursing homes
- Special Education teachers
- Foster Care workers, volunteers, parents, and caregivers
- Police officers, especially those who are part of mental health response teams
- Security guards
What to expect
This is a hands-on seminar. Expect a good workout with scenario and stress-based drills.
- Warm up
- Combatives (punches, kicks, knees, elbows)
- Hands on defenses
- Final drill
What to bring
Dress in workout clothes that you feel comfortable moving and sweating in! No shoes allowed on the mats.
Bring a bottle of water.Register for Self Defense for Caregivers now