COVID-19 Update: March 13, 2020
A video from COO Jeff Isacksen
A letter from CEO Kaci Kai
13 March 2020
Hello Krav Maga ATX Family —
I wanted to reach back out, because I know that AISD and other major institutions have closed due to COVID-19.
We’ve taken an assessment of the current situation. For the time being, Krav Maga ATX is going to stay open for all classes and events.
With that said, we want to ensure you have a safe place to train.
What We’re Doing
In addition to the regular maintenance and cleaning procedures, we’ll be sanitizing frequently touched surfaces more often. We’ll also be avoiding a few of our techniques that involve touching each other’s noses and mouths as part of the defense.
What We Ask of You
- If you’re a high risk individual or have any underlying medical conditions, please assess your personal risk and determine your individual best course of action by using information found at cdc.gov
- If you’re sick or think you may be sick, please stay home.
- If you’ve been in contact with anyone affected by COVID-19 or have visited a high contamination area, give our community the courtesy of time away to self-monitor for symptoms (a 14 day incubation period).
- Wash your hands before AND after every class. We will be reminding you to do this.
- Sanitize your personal training equipment after use, including your gloves, shin guards, mouth guards, etc.
I know this is a scary time. I would also like to caution you on doing anything drastic like canceling or holding your membership right now. We’re a small gym and business. If enough folks cancel or put their accounts on hold, we could be at risk for closing permanently. To be frank, we really want to continue to exist once the world has returned to normalcy.
This is an evolving situation and I want to assure you that we’re closely monitoring it.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. You can email me at email@example.com.
Kaci Kai [she/her]
Chief Executive Officer
kaci [at] kravmagaatx.com